Beans and tomatoes is a great meal to try and it is another way to cook beans with using atarodo or atagungun (grounded pepper) and can serve as a side dish in place of potatoes or makes a great main course.
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved and seeded
- 1 cup chicken broth
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook garlic in the hot oil until golden, about 5 minutes.
- Stir beans into the oil; season with salt.
- Cook and stir the beans until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir tomatoes into the beans; cook and stir until the tomatoes soften, about 5 minutes more.
- Pour broth over the beans mixture; stir.
- Cook the mixture at a simmer until the liquid reduced in volume by about half, about 15 minutes.
- Season with pepper.