This guide has everything you need to know about Nigerian Coconut rice.
So if you want to learn how to prepare the dish with the recipe, you’re in the right place.
To prepare this dish get the following ingredients in place…
- 3 cups rice (long grain or basmati rice)
- 1 tbspn Coconut oil
- One 400ml can coconut milk (preferably Thai premium) .
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 medium onion
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- Spices: 2 bay leaves
- 1 tspn white pepper
- 1 tspn minced chili
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1 tspn dried)
- salt – to taste
- 2 heaped tbspns crayfish powder
- 1-2 stock cubes.
1. Finely chop onion – set aside cut tomatoes into large chunks – set aside.
2. Mince chili pepper – set aside .
3. Place a wide cooking pot on medium heat.
4. Add in 1 tbsp of coconut oil (sub
5. Add in onion. Cook until translucent and fragrant .
6. Add in tomato, minced pepper and spices. Stir.
7. Cover and leave to simmer on low-
medium heat for 10 minutes.
8. Add in coconut milk and one and a half (1.5) cups of water into the tomato mix.
10. Cover and bring to a rolling boil. Stir. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
11. Add in washed rice.
13. Reduce heat to low-medium (4 on a marked cooker).
14. Place a sheet of foil over the pot. Place the lid over it and properly seal the edges with foil (this is a very important step).
15. Set a timer for 30 minutes and let it go!
And boom your there
Leave it alone! Don’t open the pot until time is up By covering the pot with foil & then a lid, you are able to get away with using less
The rice grains are gently steamed & infused instead of being boiled.
What’s the bottom line?
End result is perfectly separate & delicious grains.
Serve coconut rice with Peppered meat or chicken.
And don’t forget to..
… Serve the coconut rice with Peppered meat or chicken
Now It’s Your Turn
There you have it: a complete guild on how to prepare an awesome nigerian dish.
Now I’d like to hear from you:
What recipe do you excluded and how does it turn out?
How long did it take you to finish cooking the food.
Either way let me know by leaving a comment below right now.
How useful was this recipe
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: