If you are in Nigeria, it will be much easier for you to walk or drive to your favorite Suya Mallam popularly known as Mai Suya and buy the Nigerian Suya made from his own trademark blend of Suya spices.
We also have Chicken Suya and Ram Suya. Feel free to prepare suya with your favourite meats: lamb, pork etc. Once you dab any meat in the Suya Pepper seasoning and grill, it is SUYA!
- 500g Boneless Beef (Sirloin Steak preferably)
- 1/2 Cup Suya Spice
- 1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 8-10 Skewers
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Onion slices
- Tomato slices
- Wooden or Metal/Iron Skewers
- Cooking Brush(for oiling the meat)
- Soak your Skewers in water for at least 12 hours.
- Doing this ensures that your skewers do not burn during the grilling process.
- Wash your meat thoroughly and slice against the grain into thin pieces.
- You’ll need your Beef slices to be as thin as possible for fast and even cooking.
- Then, cut into small strips..
- Loop your beef slices onto the skewers…
- Now, arrange the skewered meats in a deep dish or a tray.
- Then pour some Vegetable oil into a bowl, add the seasoning cube and mix thoroughly…
- Then, with a brush, brush some oil on all the meats, ensuring they are well coated.
- The oil helps the Suya spice stick to the meat so be sure to brush it thoroughly.
- Now, dust the oiled meats with the Suya spice, you’ll need to give each meat a good pat down with your fingers to ensure it sticks well, then set aside..
- After all the meats have been covered with the spice, arrange them on an oven rack…
- Now, place them in a preheated grill or oven, and grill on each side for 13-15 minutes each.
And boom! its done.