This meal is meal is an adaptation of Moi Moi and can be eaten at any time of the day.
- 1 cup corn
- 3 ripe plantains
- Salt to taste
- 1 fresh pepper
- 1 teaspoon red oil
- 1 knorr cube
- 200ml water
1. Soak the corn in water for at least 1 hour but if using soft sweetcorn, there is no need to pre-soak the corn.
2. Blend the corn until smooth then pour into a clean bowl.
3. Cut the plantains and blend together with the pepper until smooth.
4. Pour the blended plantain into the corn then add salt, water, red oil and knorr cube.
5. Stir the mixture properly to combine well then scoop into foil plates.
6. Seal the foil plates containing the plantain moi moi (ukpo ogede), add the sealed plates in a pot of boiling water and allow to cook for at least 25 minutes until done.
7. Bring down the cooked plantain moi moi from heat and serve warm.