Pop corn locally called Guguru, this popcorn is one of the simplest African recipes snacks and can be made in few minutes.
- vegetable oil or butter
- Take a clean dry pot big enough for the corn to pop and occupy it.
- Add oil enough to coat the corn but not too much (depends on the quantity of corn you want to Pop ).
- (if you are using butter you will need to melt the butter )
- Add your corn then shake it inside the pot or use a spoon to mix it and make sure the oil coats the corn well.
- Cover the pot with a tight cover or lid.
- Set your cooker to medium heat to prevent it from burning .
- Let the corn pop and remove from the cooker when you no longer hear it pop
- This can take some minutes depending on the amount of corn you want to pop.
- Sprinkle salt on the already popped corn and shake so it can go round the corn.
- Leave to cool and serve.
- Can be served with any drink of your choice or with groundnut which we yorubas call Guguru and Epa .